Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OCTOBER - MONTH OF THE HOLY ROSARY



REGINA CAELI
October - Month of the Most Holy Rosary
Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary Novena Prayer

My dearest Mother Mary, behold me, your child, in prayer at your feet. Accept this Holy Rosary, which I offer you in accordance with your requests at Fatima, as a proof of my tender love for you, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and for thisspecial favor which I earnestly request in my Rosary Novena: (Mention your request).

I beg you to present my petition to yourDivine Son. If you will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God’s holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.

I offer you this spiritual “Bouquet of Roses” because I love you. I put all my confidence in you, since your prayers before God are most powerful. For thegreater glory of God and for the sake of Jesus, your loving Son, hear and grant my prayer. Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

IMMACULATA IN ROSARY FRAME



T
his novena is to be said along with a daily rosary.


“Listen, myfaithful children; open up your petals, like roses planted nearrunning waters; send up the sweet odor of incense, break forth in blossoms like the lily. Send up the sweet odor of yourhymn of praise; bless the Lord for all he has done.” (Sir 39:13-14)
Oct.7 is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
PRAYING HANDS WITH PHOTO FINISH
NEXT

Crown of Roses

Ever since Blessed Alan de la Roche reestablished this devotion the voice of the people, which is the voice of God, called it the Rosary. The word Rosary means "Crown of Roses," that is to say that ever time people say the Rosary devoutly they place a crown of two hundred and ---three red roses and twenty white roses upon the heads of Jesus and Mary. Being heavenly flowers these roses will never fade or lose their exquisite beauty.

Our Lady has shown her thorough approval of the name Rosary; she had revealed to several people that each time they say a Hail Mary they are giving her a beautiful rose and that each complete Rosary makes her a crown of roses.

The well-known Jesuit, Brother Alphonsus Rodriguez, used to say his Rosary with such fervor that he often saw a red rose

NEXT

come out of his mouth at each Our Father and a white rose at each Hail Mary. The red and white roses were equal in beauty and fragrance, the only difference being in their color.

The chronicles of Saint Francis tell of a young friar who had the praiseworthy habit of saying the Crown of Our Lady (the Rosary) every day before dinner. One day for some reason or other he did not manage to say it. The refectory bell had already been rung when he asked the Superior to allow him to say it before coming to the table, and having obtained the permission he withdrew to his cell to pray.

NEXTBACK


After he had been gone a long time the Superior sent another Friar to fetch him, and he found him in his room bathed in a heavenly light facing Our Lady who had two angels with her. Beautiful roses kept issuing from his mouth at each Hail Mary; the angels took them one by one, placing them on Our Lady's head, and she smilingly accepted them.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Classics/mary17-sr2.jpg

Finally two other friars who had been sent to find out what happened to the first two saw the same lovely scene, and Our Lady did not go away until the whole Rosary had been said.

So the complete Rosary is a large crown

OUR LADY WITH TWO VIRGIN MARTYRS

of roses and the Rosary of five decades is a little wreath of flowers or a small crown of heavenly roses which we place on the heads of Jesus and Mary. The rose is the queen of flowers, and so the Rosary is the rose of all devotions and it is therefore the most important one.

What the Saints Say About the Rosary

The Holy Rosary

Our Lady speaks about the Rosary and the Hail Mary. . .


HOLY CARD GRAPHIC

"Continue to pray the Rosary every day."
Our Lady of Fatima to Lucia
HOLY CARD IMAGE
"When you say your Rosary, the angels rejoice, the Blessed Trinity delights in it, my Son find joy in it too, and I myself am happier than you can possibly guess. After the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, there is nothing in the Church that I love as much as the Rosary."
Our Lady to Bl. Alan de la Roche
IMMACULATE HEART

"‘Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee!’ No creature has ever said anything that was more pleasing to me, nor will anyone ever be able to find or say to me anything that pleases me more."
Our Lady to St. Mechtilde


OUR LADY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
What the saints have said about the Rosary and the Hail Mary. . ."If you persevere in reciting the Rosary, this will be a most probable sign of your eternal salvation."
Bl. Alan de la Roche
NEXTBACK
"The greatest method of praying is to pray the Rosary."
St. Francis de Sales.
NEXTBACK
"When the Holy Rosary is said well, it gives Jesus and Mary more glory and is more meritorious than any other prayer."
St. Louis de Montfort
NEXTBACK
"The Holy Rosary is the storehouse of countless blessing."
Bl. Alan de la Roche
NEXTBACK
"One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world."
St. Dominic
NEXTBACK
"Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day be led astray. This is a statement that I would gladly sign with my blood."
St. Louis de Montfort
NEXTBACK
"If you say the Rosary faithfully unto death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins, 'you wil receive a never-fading crown of glory' (1 Peter 5:4)."
St. Louis de Montfort
NEXTBACK
"The Rosary is THE weapon."
Blessed Padre Pio
NEXTBACK
"You must know that when you ‘hail’ Mary, she immediately greets you! Don’t think that she is one of those rude women of whom there are so many - on the contrary, she is utterly courteous and pleasant. If you greet her, she will answer you right away and converse with you!"
St. Bernardine of Siena

NUESTRA MADRE 4 PLAIN 2
"Recite your Rosary with faith, with humility, with confidence, and with perseverance."
St. Louis de Montfort
NEXTBACK
"The Rosary is my favourite prayer. A marvellous prayer! Marvellous in its simplicity and in its depth. . .the simple prayer of the Rosary beats the rhythm of human life."
Pope John Paul II.

NEXT






No comments:

Post a Comment